Vietnam - Cambodia World Heritage Tour; a unique 14 Day explorer tour of two magnificent South East Asia countries. Start in Hanoi with its beautiful boulevards. Then head to the World Heritage Site of Halong Bay and the ancient capital of Hue. Whilst in Hoi An you have time to relax on the beach. Onwards to Saigon and the Mekong Delta and experience its day-by-day life. No doubt, the climax of the tour is Siem Reap (Cambodia); best known for the Angkor Wat Temple.
And in between, spend a day with a local family for a homemade lunch. Watch a water puppet shows, take part in cooking classes and travel over spectacular passes. And if time permits a skilled tailor will tailor some handmade clothing for you. This trip has everything you want from a holiday. Join us know and see for experience a holiday of a lifetime
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive in Hanoi and transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Hanoi city tour|
|Day 3||Travel through the Red River Delta to Halong Bay|
|Day 4||Cruise the bay and onward to Hue by flight|
|Day 5||Hue City Tour|
|Day 6||Set out on our spectacular drive to Hoi An.|
|Day 7||Exploring Hoi An – Tra Que & Cooking Class|
|Day 8||Hoi An – Danang and flight to Saigon|
|Day 9||Saigon City Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels|
|Day 10||Explore the Mekong River.|
|Day 11||Flight to Siem Reap & Floating Village tour|
|Day 12||Visit the Angkor Highlighted Temples|
|Day 13||Visit the Khmer ruins one of the most impressive|
|Day 14||Last day in Cambodia. Depart Siem Riep|
> A fun ride through Hanoi on a Xich Lo ( tricycle)
> Visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and watch a traditional water puppet show
> Be mesmerized by the starlit night sky in Halong Bay
> Stop at a Buddhist Centre in Hue
> Step into a tailor shop in Hoi An and have a suit/dress made for you
> See the old and new sites in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
> Glide along small canals of the Mekong Delta and savor a tantalizing Seafood lunch
> The best part of the tour is when arriving in Siem Reap; exploring the famous Angkor Wat temples
Best time to travel to Vietnam
A good time to travel to Vietnam is spring (February to April and again in Autumn (August to October)
Overall, Vietnam enjoys a mild tropical or subtropical climate and aside from a few months a year in the high northern region you'll never need to worry about packing cold-weather gear.
But do bring an umbrella, especially if visiting from July to November, Vietnam's stormiest months.
Vietnam Culture and Greetings
When interacting with a Vietnamese, be sensitive to Vietnam’s history. The person you may talk to may have experienced the struggles of the Vietnam War. Thirty years on many Vietnamese still have physical and mental health problems from the war. Approach any topic regarding this with sensitivity and sympathy.
Objects should be passed, given or received with both hands together. Vietnamese people are generally punctual and expect the same standard from others. The Vietnamese are accustomed to shaking hands. Some Vietnamese might use two hands to shake by resting the left hand on top of the grasp with the other person's hand. Bowing the head while shaking hands indicates respect
Drinks & Food
Vietnamese food is always served fresh and flavourful. You will find lost of fish dishes, cooked with fresh herbs and vegetables. Local cuisine is healthy and light
Discover your environment
Driving is on the right-hand side of the road. Taxis are plentiful and can be flagged down on the street. Make sure the taxi has a meter set before starting your journey. Hiring a bike (Wearing a helmet is a must) for the day is popular and is still Vietnam’s most popular transportation mode, together with motorbikes. Express long-distance trains will take you comfortably between cities
Tipping is very customary, especially in the most important tourist areas. It is appreciated y the receiver as salaries are on the low side and tipping makes up a sizeable side to monthly earning
Local interesting meals:
Drinking an egg-coffee is a must
Pho: Noodle soup usually with meat
Nem: Spring rolls with pork, noodles, egg and mushroom wrapped in rice paper
Banh bao: Steamed dumplings stuffed with onions, pork and other ingredients
Banh MI: French baguette with pickled daikon and carrot, chilli, coriander, cucumber and various cold meats
Lau: Vietnamese hot pot
Bia hoi: Fresh beer produced daily and served cold in local bars and very refreshing (Low in alcohol)
Explore the best part of Cambodia and its famous Angkor Wat. The World Heritage Sites of Vietnam: Ha Long Bay; Hoi An’s Ancient Town and the Red River & Mekong Delta …and so much more.
See Vietnam in one fascinating trip: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh and the monolithic islands of Halong Bay.
Enjoy insider moments like… rolling up your sleeves. Join local farmers in the vegetable fields surrounding Tra Que village. Meet a family at Ngoc Son Garden House, as they share its royal history over homemade delicacies.
After all, combining the highlights of both countries, will open your eyes to the delights of Indochina and leave you awe-struck by these magical locations.
- Upon your arrival; you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi
Hanoi City Tour (B)
- This morning we embark on an exhilarating and unforgettable Xich Lo ride through the charming; yet bustling; 36 Street Old Quarter to Ba Dinh Square where we disembark to explore Ho Chi Minh’s Quarter.
- Hanoi is well known for its history; architecture; charm; tranquility and cuisine. Our first visit is to the most well-respected site of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum which includes the Presidential Palace; One Pillar Pagoda and Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- We meet our bus for a short journey to visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and the 11th century Temple of Literature; Hanoi’s first University.
- After our exciting adventures we’ve all worked up a hunger! We cross the street for lunch (pay yourself) at famous KOTO restaurant.
- Afternoon; we drive approximately 25 minutes to the Ethnology Museum.
- Here you will learn of the traditional cultures of 54 different ethnic minority groups in Vietnam through articles; stories; displays of traditional houses; costumes; hunting equipment and much more wares used in day to day life.
- Enjoy the famous traditional Water Puppets Show in the evening.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi.
Hanoi – Ha Long (B/L/D)
- Halong Bay is one of the most enchanting and memorable experiences in Vietnam. The postcard pictures you so often see of Halong Bay will become a memory to last a lifetime.
- We leave the city behind and drive through the Red River Delta to Halong Bay; taking around 3.5 hours. The beautiful countryside that awaits your imagination; takes us through local farming life and villages; providing us plenty of opportunities to stop and capture some spectacular photographs.
- Be sure to keep an eye out for the amazing things the locals load onto their motorbikes!
- En-route; stop at one of our favorite organizations in Vietnam. Hong Ngoc Humanities center in Sao Do town This wonderful establishment has been set up to provide skill and employment to people from small villages throughout the north of Vietnam; creating jobs and providing accommodation to disadvantaged people. You have the opportunity to purchase some exquisite local handicrafts and wares or just watch and admire the amazing and intricate workmanship involved in the production.
- Arriving in Ha Long Bay; we board our boat and enjoy a spectacular seafood lunch as we sail off into Dragon Bay; gazing at the breathtaking karst formations within the bay.
- After lunch have some free time to relax and admire the beauty of the Bay as we cruise through hundreds of formations.
- Throughout our cruise today; you will have the opportunity to disembark the boat and explore Sung Sot cave; where you will learn how karsts were formed in this area millions of years ago. For beach lovers and swimmers; we make a stop at one of the sandy beaches for swimming or just relaxing.
- We continue cruising the bay until the late afternoon; before setting anchor for the night.
- Once anchored; there’s plenty of time for swimming or just relaxing to admire the scenery before settling into another scrumptious meal.
- After dinner; why not head to the top deck and enjoy a relaxing drink whilst admiring the peaceful ambiance and gazing at the millions of stars.
- Overnight at your hotel in Ha Long Bay.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 13 Nights’ Accommodation in double/twin room at selected hotels
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam - Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 30 APR 19
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 20 DEC 18 and 05 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required