The India Golden Triangle with Tirupati and Puttaparthi tour start in the North and takes you to Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka in southern India. Your visit not only includes the three renowned cities, Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, it also takes you to remarkable places like Chennai, Bangalore and the spiritual centers of Tirupati and Puttaparthi.
Explore the beauty of this country on this 11-day tour. Enriched in culture and traditions, Delhi is a vivacious city of charismatic charm. On the other hand, Jaipur is a city drenched in royal grandeur and valor. Behold the mesmerizing beauty of Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall Museum and many others. Unfold the historical past of these places that echo the magnificence and glory of ancient India. Get bewitched by the architectural mastery of the age-revered monuments. Relive the legends of yesteryears on this incredible vacation
At a glance
Day 1 Welcome to Delhi. Transfer to hotel
Day 2 Morning tour of Old and New Delhi
Day 3 Travel to Agra. Afternoon Taj Mahal & Agra Fort tour
Day 4 Visit Fatehpur Sikri before arriving in Jaipur
Day 5 Amber Fort and Jaipur city tour
Day 6 Jaipur to Chennai (Flight) and city tour
Day 7 Travel to Tirupati
Day 8 Spend time at the Sri Venkateswara Temple
Day 9 Continue to Puttaparthi
Day 10 Day free to visit the various temples
Day 11 Last day in India. Depart for Bangalore Airport
India’s Different Seasons
India climate is considered hot; however, the weather varies a lot depending on which part of the country you visit. The South has Monsoons whereas the North may be covered in snow. The best time to travel is between October and March (except for the Far North, where you will encounter winter conditions from November onwards)
Overview of food & drink
India’s food is tantalizing and spicy and comes in so many varieties. Rice is the foundation of each dish. This does not exclude a number for breads from light to roasted. Northern Indian food mostly consists of meaty stews and kebabs. Southern India is known for its spiced vegetarian curries and dosas. Goa and Kerala will serve you the best seafood dishes.
Drink only bottled water during your stay in India. Nimbu Pani (Lemonade) is a traditional and most common Indian drink, made of lemon and ginger juice. Coconut water is preferred by many locals across India. Toddy is a famous alcoholic drink in Madhya Pradesh that is made from various palm plants. Jal Jeera, the magical drink to survive the hot Indian Summers
Usually, add 10 to 15% when eating out. Restaurants in Delhi and Mumbai often charge a ‘service charge’, not to be confused with ‘service tax’ (which is a government-levied tax). When a ‘service charge’ is levied no tip is expected. When you have a driver over multiple days you should tip him between 150 – 300 INR per day. Again, base this on how happy you were with his service and local knowledge
Culture and Language
It’s traditional to greet people using ‘Namaste’; place both hands together and bow slightly. In urban areas this is often overlooked. Indian culture is based on a hierarchical system, so elders and superior are greeted first. Avoid standing too close to others. Use your right hand to touch, accept or give something. Do not use public displays of affection. Hindi is the official language, but English is widely spoken throughout the country
Getting around in India
Air carriers serve all major cities and large towns. There are several domestic “low Budget” options
Taxis and auto rickshaws are a very popular way of getting around the major cities. These rides are charged by the kilometer. Insist that your vehicle has a meter before going on your journey. Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai have metro systems. Rail is India is widely available. Shatabdi Express connects major and secondary cities. Advanced reservations are essential
Here are some traditional dishes
Alu Gobi: a dish made with potatoes (aloo), cauliflower (gobi) and Indian spices
Butter Chicken: traditionally cooked in a tandoor; but may be grilled, roasted or pan-fried with a special gravy
Rogan Josh: consists of braised lamb chunks cooked with a gravy based on browned onions or shallots, yogurt, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices
Malai Kofta: cooked in a creamy gravy made of tomatoes and cashew nuts
Naan: leavened, oven-baked flatbread normally served with all meals
INDIA – A Mystical Land
India is a mystical land that presents the traveler with a bamboozling array of unforgettable experiences. Apart from its ancient spiritual framework, the country’s vastness also challenges the imagination. Being home to one-sixth of the world’s population, visiting India can be a wee bit unnerving for the first-time visitor. The lifestyle and culture are very different from most of the countries. It’s hardly surprising that this country has been dubbed the worlds most multi-dimensional. Love it or loathe it, (with most visitors puzzled between the two), India promises to be a place you’ll never forget.
Arrive Delhi (Flight)
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Delhi.
- After breakfast leave on a Combined City Tour of Delhi.
- New Delhi: Visit Qutab Minar; the tallest stone tower in India; built by Qutub-ud-din Aibek of the Slave Dynasty; India Gate; a War Memorial Arch.
- Also drive past the Presidents House; Parliament House; Government Secretariat Buildings And Connaught Place; the heart of New Delhi and a busy shopping center.
- Old Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and Shanti Vana; the cremation sites of Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru; Jama Masjid; one of the largest mosques in India; Raj Ghat- the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi and Drive past Red Fort and Chandni Chowk.
- Return to your hotel after the tour.
- Overnight at your hotel in Delhi.
Delhi – Agra (B)
- After breakfast, we depart for Agra by road.
- On arrival check-in at your hotel.
- Afternoon sightseeing tour of the Taj Mahal & Fort.
- Visit the world famous Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan in 1560 in memory of his queen Mumtaz Mahal to enshrine her mortal remains.
- This architectural marvel is a perfectly proportioned masterpiece fashioned from white marble that stands testimony to the skill of 20;000 craftsmen brought together from Persia; Turkey; France and Italy and who took 17 years to complete this ‘Love Poem in Marble’. (Friday closed).
- Later visit the Agra Fort containing the halls of private & public audiences & other palaces.
- Shah Jahan spent here years of confinement at the hands of his son Aurangzeb; looking wistfully at the Taj Mahal from the Fort.
- Overnight at your hotel in Agra.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 10 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Jaipur offers sightseeing tour with an elephant ride/jeep ride
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 18 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required