Get ready for a fascinating 11-day tour to India’s pristine beaches and tranquil backwaters. They will carve a special place for Kerala in your heart. The natural beauty of the beaches and backwaters will leave you with memorable experiences of a lifetime.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cochin. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Morning tour of Cochin|
|Day 3||Travel to Periyar and enjoy a boat ride on the Lake|
|Day 4||Onwards to Kumarakom|
|Day 5||Day at leisure in Kumarakom|
|Day 6||Day at leisure in Kumarakom|
|Day 7||Board the houseboat in Alleppey for backwater cruise|
|Day 8||Cochin-Mumbai (Flight) Transfer to hotel|
|Day 9||Morning tour of Mumbai’s most important sites|
|Day 10||Mumbai: day free and explore this vibrant city|
|Day 11||Depart Mumbai filled with happy memories|
Get ready for a fascinating 11-day tour to India’s pristine beaches and tranquil backwaters. They will carve a special place for Kerala in your heart. The natural beauty of the beaches and backwaters will leave you with memorable experiences of a lifetime. The state is a picture-perfect combination of beautiful nature and fascinating attractions. On this tour, take a boat cruise on the serene Periyar Lake. Relax at the waterfront in Kumarakom, a tourist paradise, with the cool breeze kissing your cheeks. Lastly, stay in Mumbai, the Gateway to India for 3 Days before returning home.
Our package has been designed so that you can explore all the prominent beach and backwater regions of Kerala. Experience this without any stress and return with pleasurable memories. Kerala with its Lush green valleys and lazy backwaters is aptly described as God’s Own Country. It is the traveler’s dream. Blessed with endlessly beautiful forests and beaches and bursting at the seams with gorgeous art, delicious food and healing Ayurveda, Kerala is the place to be. Goa is the most popular beach and party destination and it is right between Mumbai and Kerala. Most international travelers tend to first land in Mumbai and lucky for them, the journey from there to this tropical paradise is not very hard.
Popularly known as ‘God’s Own Country’, it is dotted with several enchanting destinations to admire the beauty of nature. The splendid beauty of the place takes you to a world of rich greenery and tranquil backwaters. From Cochin to Periyar, the mere image of these places present the picture of swinging palm trees, crystal-clear lakes, beautiful beaches along with a ride in majestic houseboats. This tour package will make you forget your daily worries and fall in love with the beauty of the state. This tour will no doubt make your dream for unforgettable Kerala tour come true.
- You are met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
- Morning tour of Cochin; a city till today influenced by medieval Portugal; Holland and England.
- You will visit St. Francis Church; built-in 1503 by Portuguese Franciscan friars where Vasco Da Gama was buried for 14 years before his remains were transferred to Lisbon. His tombstone still stands at the church.
- Nearby is the Mattancherry Palace or “Dutch Palace”. The central hall on the 1st floor was the coronation hall of the Rajas of Cochin. Other rooms depict scenes from the Ramayana and Puranic legends connected with Hindu gods.
- Amazing are the Chinese fishing nets; these cantilevered fishing nets line the entrance to the harbor mouth. They were introduced by traders from the courts of Kublai Khan.
- Also visit “Jew City” with its Synagogue constructed in 1568. Hand-painted; willow-pattern floor tiles were brought from Canton in the mid-18th century by a Rabbi.
- Return to the hotel.
- After breakfast drive to Periyar National Park. Periyar has one of the world’s most fascinating Natural wildlife Sanctuary noted for its Tiger Reserve; geography; diverse wildlife and scenic beauty.
- Evening Boat ride on the Lake Periyar where one can have a unique experience of viewing wildlife at close quarters from the safety of a boat on the lake. The greatest attraction of Periyar; however, are the herds of wild elephants that come down to play in the lake.
- Return to the hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 10 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*- 5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 APR and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable