On this 8 Day Heritage Tour to Israel, you will visit the main attractions of the Holy Land. Travel to the Sea of Galilee region, Jerusalem, Dead Sea, Masada and more. From vibrant Tel Aviv, we trace Israel’s holy heritage through the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, and Jerusalem. We will have some time to float in the Dead Sea (weather permitting). Also, explore ancient Roman archaeological sites and impressive cliff-top fortresses.
At a glance
|Thu||Welcome to Israel. Transfer to hotel in Tel Aviv|
|Fri||Travel to the Sea of Galilee - Tiberias|
|Sat||Visit Capernaum - Tabgha - Mt of Beatitudes|
|Sun||Onto Nazareth-Cana and Bei Shean. Overnight in Jerusalem|
|Mon||Full day Dead Sea & Masada tour|
|Tue||Full day Old Jerusalem tour|
|Wed||Full day New Jerusalem tour|
|Thu||Last day in Israel. Transfer to Airport|
What better way to learn about Israel than to go on our Heritage of the Holy Land Tour! This tour is a perfect first-time introduction to the land of Israel. Step back in time while sightseeing all throughout Jerusalem’s Old City and New City.
Be emotionally moved with special visits to the Western Wall and the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial. Marvel at the excavations of the Crusader city and the Roman port, Caesarea.
Enjoy the experience of a cable car ride to the top of Massada. Then relax and enjoy yourself as you float on the Dead Sea. Enjoy the incredible value of the Heritage of the Holy Land Tour, with the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation!
Rich Heritage of Israel
This tour pays tribute to the land of Israel’s incredibly rich religious heritage and the offers the opportunity to visit many sites where miracles and biblical events occurred. You will spend time in Tel Aviv, followed by Tiberias. Here you will get the opportunity to visit the site of Christ’s miracle the ‘feeding of the 5000’ and Mt Beatitude where He preached the ‘Sermon on the Mount’. Jerusalem will be your base for the remaining 4 nights where highlights will include visiting the Wedding Church where Jesus performed his first miracle, ‘turning water into wine’, a visit to Nazareth, Mt Zion to see the tomb of King David and the room of the ‘Last Super’ as well as a detailed exploration of Jerusalem’s Old Town.
- This is the beginning of your journey in the Holy Land.
- Upon arrival you will be met by our representative and be transferred to your hotel in Tel Aviv.
Tel Aviv - Sea of Galilee – Tiberias (B)
- Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel; we'll drive for a short visit of the city of Jaffa (Joppa) where we will take a short walking tour in picturesque alleys of the old; fortified town.
- Pass by the house of Simon the Tanner and marvel at the views from the hill top.
- Then we drive up north along the coast to the archaeological ruins of Caesarea; built by Herod the Great in honour of Augustus Caesar.
- From there we go on to visit Megiddo where the book of Revelation mentions a great battle at the place called " Armageddon"- an ancient city inhabited continuously for more than five millennia (6000-500 B.C.).
- After exploring the ancient ruins we'll drive toward the Sea of Galilee;
- Arrive at Tiberias and check-in to your hotel
Sea of Galilee (B)
- Start the day from historic Tiberias; where Jesus lived; sojourned and preached on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.
- Our next destination will be Capernaum; the centre of Jesus ministry.
- Tabgha; just north of Tiberias; is the site of Christ’s miracle of feeding the 5;000 and at the Church of Multiplication the mosaic floor depicts a basket with loaves and two fishes.
- We drive on to the Mount of Beatitudes overlooking the Sea; where Jesus preached the “Sermon on the Mount” and it is believed that Jesus picked his 12 apostles.
- We'll ascend to the Golan Heights to view the panoramic view of the peaks of Mt. Hermon and the rugged plateau of the Golan Heights; and beneath it the green pastoral Huleh valley.
- Return to Tiberias for overnight
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rates valid for travel between 24 MAY and 18 AUG 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required