Our 9-day Israel Highlights and Petra tour is a journey for all faiths, opening a window to Israel’s history - past and present, its people and diverse cultures, with the added bonus of visiting Petra; one of the new 7 wonders of the world.
At a glance
|Sun:||Arrive Tel Aviv – Overnight in Tel Aviv|
|Mon:||Tel Aviv-Beersheba-Masada-Dead Sea-Jerusalem|
|Tues:||Jerusalem New City Tour|
|Wed:||Jerusalem - Old City and Bethlehem|
|Thur:||Beit Shean - Nazareth - Sea of Galilee|
|Fri:||Around the Sea of Galilee|
|Sat:||Acre- Haifa- Caesarea - Eilat|
|Sun:||Full day Petra tour. Return flight to Tel Aviv|
|Mon:||Last day in Israel. Transfer to Airport for return flight|
With a professional guide, explore the iconic sites of Jerusalem’s Old City, Nazareth and Bethlehem; ride the cable car to the fortress of Masada and float at the lowest place on earth – the Dead Sea. In the north of the country, visit the serene Galilee and the Golan Heights.
Other key sites visited on the tour include Haifa, Caesarea and the crusader fortress of Acre, and the southernmost city - Eilat, before traveling to neighboring Jordan to marvel at the ancient red-rock city of Petra.
This tour is perfect for anyone who wants to experience Israel and Jordan in 9days. The tour is a mix of the most important historic, cultural, artistic, natural and religious attractions in both countries.
- Arrive at Ben Gurion Airport where you will be met and assisted with customs and entry formalities.
- Transfer to your hotel in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv - Beersheba - Masada - Dead Sea (B)
- Leave Tel Aviv - via Ashdod, Ashkelon to Beersheba for a short visit to the Negev capital.
- Continue via Arad to Masada. Ascend by cable car to the fortress, which was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans.
- Visit the excavations, Herod’s palaces, the synagogue, bathhouse, etc.
- Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea.
- Descend for a possible “float” in the in the salty water of the world’s lowest place.
- Travel to Jerusalem for overnight.
Jerusalem - sightseeing of the new city (B)
- Drive to Mt. Scopus for a panoramic view of Jerusalem.
- On to the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of the Agony.
- Continue to Israel Museum’s Shrine of the Book with the famous Dead Sea scrolls, then a visit to the beautifully renovated Model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, dating back to the time of the Second Temple.
- Continue to Yad Vashem (the memorial to the six million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust).
- Afternoon visit to Ein Karem (the birth place of John the Baptist).
- In the heart of a neighborhood in downtown Jerusalem, visit Mahane Yehuda to experience the flavors, aromas, colors and the traders' interaction with the crowds, at the largest open the market in Israel.
- Return to Hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- The rate is valid for travel between 20 MAY and 28 JUL 18
- Seasonal Supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required