A 10-day tour combing India’s evergreen landscape of Kerala and its spice trade routes with the magical Northern region. Showcasing its best-known cities such as Kochin, Periyar, Kumarakom, Agra, Delhi, and Jaipur.
During this tour, you will explore wildlife reserves, spice plantations and the backwaters of laid-back Kerala in the South. Continue northwards to the Royal heritage cities all forming part of the ‘Golden Triangle’.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to India. Transfer Cochin Airport to hotel|
|Day 2||Morning tour of Cochin|
|Day 3||Depart for Periyar followed by a sanctuary tour|
|Day 4||Continue to Kumarakom & enjoy the backwaters|
|Day 5||Return to Cochin for flight to Delhi|
|Day 6||Morning tour of Delhi and travel to Agra|
|Day 7||Visit the world famous Taj Mahal and Agra Fort|
|Day 8||See Fatehpur Sikri before arriving in Jaipur|
|Day 9||Tour of Jaipur with Elephant ride to the Amber Fort|
|Day 10||Return to Delhi Airport for onward/return flight|
Cochin Queen of the Arabian Sea
Kerala’s most cosmopolitan city and named as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. It has one of the finest natural harbors in the world. Visit the Dutch Palace, the Jewish Synagogue, Cochin Fort, St. Francis Church and the famous Chinese fishing nets.
Periyar’s Nature Beauties
Go on a scenic drive to Periyar, the wildlife and spice plantation hub of Kerala. The afternoon spice plantation tour will open the mystery and history of Indian spices. Stop at a local market and shop for fragrant spices.
Discover the history and heritage of Delhi with a visit to the Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture. Continue to the old part of the city and walk through the busy streets of the Chandni Chowk, Delhi’s largest bazaar. Visit the Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India. Drive past the splendid Red Fort, the India Gate, President’s and Parliament Houses and other Government Secretariat Buildings of Lutyen’s Delhi.
Agra’s Romantic sites
See the spectacular Taj Mahal. This inimitable poem in white marble was built over a period of 22 years by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his Queen Mumtaz Mahal to enshrine her mortal remains. Afterwards visit the splendid Agra Fort, built in red sandstone.
Jaipur the Pink City
Full day guided tour of the ‘Pink City’. Start at the Amber Fort, a marvelous example of Rajput architecture, ascending the hill by an elephant. Continue to the City Palace, the Jantar Mantar Astronomical Observatory and the Hawa Mahal or ‘Palace of Winds’.
- You will be met and assisted; through the airport upon your arrival and then transferred to your hotel.
- Check-in at your hotel by 12h00 noon.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cochin.
- After breakfast you will have a morning sightseeing tour of Cochin; a city till today influenced by medieval Portugal; Holland and England.
- You visit St. Francis Church; built-in 1503 by Portuguese Franciscan friars where Vasco da Gama was buried for 14 years before his remains were transferred to Lisvon. His tombstone still stands.
- Nearby is the Mattancherry Palace or Dutch Palace. The central hall on the first floor was the coronation hall of the Rajahs of Cochin.
- Other rooms depict scenes from the Ramayana and Puranic legends connected with Hindu gods.
- You will see the amazing Chinese fishing nets.These cantilevered fishing nets line the entrance to the harbor mouth. They were introduced by traders from the courts of Kublai Khan.
- You also see the Jew City with the Jewish Synagogue; constructed in 1568; with hand-painted; willow-pattern floor tiles brought from Canton in the mid-18th century by a Rabbi; who had trading interest in that city.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cochin.
Cochin – Periyar (B)
- After breakfast, drive to Periyar National Park.
- This unique wildlife sanctuary is about 780 sq. km centered around an artificial lake fed by the Periyar River.
- Different nature trails traversing diverse habitats form the trekking routes; generally 4 to 5 km. in length.
- This is an interactive program offering an excellent opportunity to watch birds; butterflies and other wildlife.
- After the tour; check in to your hotel in Periyar.
- Overnight at your hotel in Periyar.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 9 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*- 5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Houseboat includes 3 Meals
- Jaipur offers sightseeing tour with an elephant ride/jeep ride
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 APR and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable