Cambodia is a country steeped in an ancient history based on the Khmer Empire. Once the largest empire in South East Asia. This interesting tour will expose you to the main sites in Siem Reap. Explore the city by tuk-tuk, walk through food markets and greet the sunset with some champagne.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Siem Reap|
|Day 2||Siem Reap - Village walk and Floating Community|
|Day 3||Angkor Temples|
|Day 4||Angkor Outlying Temples|
|Day 5||Full day Phnom Kulen|
|Day 6||Siem Reap - departure|
The temples of the Angkor area numbered over 1000, and today many of them still remain. When you explore them, you’ll come across everything from piles of rocks and brick overrun by huge tree roots to the world’s largest single religious monument – Angkor Wat.
Together these temples comprise the most significant example of Khmer architecture and ruin Angkor Wat is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. When you visit Angkor, you'll feel like you’’re stepping into a mystical world of the past.
The name Siem Reap literally means “Siam Defeated”. These days, however, the only rampaging hordes are the tourists heading to the Angkor Archaeological Park. This once quaint village has become the largest boomtown and construction site in Cambodia.
It’s quite laid-back and a pleasant place to stay while touring the temples and a nice compromise between observing Cambodian life and enjoying the amenities of modern services and entertainment, thanks to a large expatriate community.
Since Siem Reap is a major tourist destination, prices in many instances are higher than elsewhere in the country. Expect to receive almost constant offers for motodop and tuk-tuk rides, along with everything else which drivers may be able to offer to you.
Siem Reap – Arrival
- Upon your arrival; you will be met by our representative for transfer to the hotel; and check-in
- Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Village Walk and Floating Community (B)
- Morning transfer to one of the beautiful outlying villages. Walk through the village, witness local activities and interact with its friendly locals
- Enjoy a 30-minute oxcart ride through the rice paddies and reach the home of a local family for some fresh coconut juice or a taste of the locally produced rice wine
- Meet up with your drive for onward journey to a local floating community. Board a motorized boat and visit the floating houses.
- Return to Siem Reap
- At 4:30, visit the Angkor National Museum
Siem Reap – Angkor Highlighted Temples (B)
- Beat the crowd with an early morning 7 am visit to the picturesque Ta Prohm Temple that had nearly disappeared into the jungle and remains overgrown today; an oddly haunting and exotic scene.
- The magnificent roots of a tree; pushing between the huge stone blocks of the temple in a sort of embrace; evoke feelings that you will remember forever.
- Continue on to visit the intricately carved Khmer ruins at Angkor Wat – one of the world’s most impressive ruins. The temple still has fine Apsara carvings in Angkorian era art.
- Lunch is for your own account.
- In the afternoon; explore the mysterious Royal Angkor Thom City & Bayon. Its 54-tower temple is an awesome sight. At first glance it seems a shapeless mass of stone; but further scrutiny reveals a face; and then another and another until suddenly you are engulfed by the silent; heavy; enigmatic and silent gaze through half-closed eyes; staring out from a primitive and remote time.
- Further; visit the surroundings of the complex including the Baphou; the Elephant Terraces; the Lepper King Terrace and the Royal Place area.
- Also visit one more ruin in the Angkor area; the Preah Khan temple; built in 12th century by King Jayavarman VII and in the same style to Ta Prom Temple.
- Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 4 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4* - 5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable