Our Cambodia tour from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap gives you an in-depth look at this amazing country. After arriving in the capital Phnom Penh, you will not only visit ancient sites but also sites that only have a 30 years history. Travel to Siem Reap, home of the Temples of Angkor. The amazing temples are jaw-dropping. Here you will enjoy a trip to Mechrey Floating Village and experience the daily life of local people who live in the village.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Phom Penh. Transfer to Hotel.|
|Day 2||Phnom Penh Architectural tour & Sunset Dinner|
|Day 3||Flight to Siem Reap|
|Day 4||Angkor Temples tour with evening tuk-tuk ride and dinner|
|Day 5||Village walk and Floating Community tour|
|Day 6||Transfer to Siem Reap Airport for onward flight|
> Phnom Penh tour by Cyclo
> See a mixture of Khmer and French Colonial architecture
> Sunset cruise and BBQ Dinner
> Early morning Angkor Wat complex tour - one of the world's most impressive ruins
> Sit back in your tuk-tuk as you explore Siem Reap by night
> Ox-wagon ride through rice paddies
> Visit the floating communities south of Siem Reap
- Best time to travel to Cambodia
Tourist season runs from November to March, but Cambodia is warm throughout the year and temperatures do not go below 20C. If you prefer lesser crowds, opt to travel between May to early October
- Cambodia Culture and Greetings
Cambodians are a mixture of Hinduism and Buddhism. The country’s golden age between the 9th and 14th Century is better known as the Khmer Empire era. During this time Cambodia achieved unparalleled achievements in the arts and architecture and Angkor Wat is your perfect example
When you greet someone, press your hands together in front of your chest.
- Drinks & Food
The basic of any Cambodian meal is rice, served either sticky or jasmine rice grown in the many paddy fields.
Noodle soup is very common, and you will find that French food is still readily available. Don’t be surprised to find a coffee and “baguette sandwich” snack option. Roadside street food stalls are fun to try but rather sticks to the busy stalls serving piping hot foods
- Discover your environment
Taxi hire is available in all major cities. They are not metered so fix the rate in advance. Tips will be appreciated by the driver. Not to be missed is a ride in a tuk-tuk.
Locals rarely tip, however, tourist like to add 10% which is appropriate especially in restaurants where no service charge is added to the bill
- Local interesting meals:
Babor: Rice porridge with chicken broth
Kralan: Sticky rice flavored with sugar, beans and grated coconut steamed inside a Bamboo pole
Mee Katang: Cantonese styled wild rice cooked with meat and vegetables served with an oyster sauce
Phnom Penh – Arrival
- On arrival, you are met and transferred to your hotel for check-in or dropping off your luggage (Early check-in is NOT included & subject to hotel’s availability).
- Set out on a city tour to visit the Royal Place built in 1866 by King Norodom; Silver Pagoda is so named because of its floor, which is made up of 5,000 silver tiles and located within the Royal Palace compound, and visit Tuol Sleng Museum, a reminder of the Khmer Rouge regime.
Phnom Penh – Architecture Tour and Sunset Dinner Cruise (B/D)
- After breakfast; at 8 am we set out on our Phnom Penh Architecture Tour by cylco; we start from your hotel and cycle for three hours through the streets of Phnom Penh to admire the mix of Khmer and French colonial architecture.
- A local professional escort will explain the history; structure and style of the buildings such as the Old Post Office; the Railway Station and the Central Market.
- In some of the buildings you are able to enter and explore the interior in more depth while others can only be observed from the outside.
- Cambodia’s most famous architect; H.E. Vann Molyvann had a big hand in developing many of the structures you admire today.
- Lunch on your own.
- Transfer to the airport for departure to Siem Reap; on arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel for check in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Phnom Penh - Siem Reap (B)
- Transferred (without a guide) to Phnom Penh airport for your departure flight to Siem Reap.
- On arrival, meet your guide and transfer to the hotel for check-in.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements are applicable