Our Cambodia tour from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap gives you an in-depth look at this amazing country. After arriving in the capital Phnom Penh, you will not only visit ancient sites but also some that have a history of only 30 years. Transfer to Siem Reap, home of the Temples of Angkor. The amazing temples are jaw-dropping. Here you will enjoy a trip to Mechrey Floating Village and experience the daily life of local people who live in the village.
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive in Phnom Penh and transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Phnom Penh Architecture Tour & flight to Siem Reap|
|Day 3||Visit the Angkor Highlighted Temples|
|Day 4||Floating Village tour|
|Day 5||Highlights of the trip, visit the Beng Mealea Temple|
|Day 6||Tour the Kulen Mountain – Waterfall & 1000 Lingas|
|Day 7||After a cooking class, transfer to the Airport|
Everybody knows Angkor. It’s legendary and for good reason. But Cambodia doesn’t end there. A broad range of activities, on and off the beaten path, enable visitors to pull back the curtain and discover the depth of the country’s true beauty. Moreover, venture into the wilds of the northeast on a nature trek. Here friendly hill tribes welcome you into their world. Subsequently, take to the Mekong River as it snakes through the heart of the country. Its banks becoming a showcase of Cambodian life. And there’s always the fabled temples of Angkor Wat. The tour starts from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap – both served by regular international flights. Our tours feature knowledgeable guides and the best destinations – there’s no better way to experience Cambodia.
A land of mystical wonders which is home to the world-renowned architectural marvels. Angkor Wat, declared by UNESCO as one of the seven wonders of the world. Cambodia is definitely a very popular destination in South East Asia. A small country filled with amazing culture, warm smiles, scenic spots and a thousand stories waiting to be told. Enjoy the sights and sounds and immerse yourself in the Khmer hospitality. Visit Cambodia and relieve the glory of mighty Khmer empire.
The capital city of Siem Reap Province in northwestern Cambodia is a popular resort town and gateway to Angkor region. Siem Reap has a colonial and Chinese-style architecture in the Old French Quarter and around the Old Market. In the city, there are museums and traditional Apsara dance performances. In addition, you will visit a Cambodian cultural village, souvenir and handicraft shops, silk farms, rice-paddy countryside, fishing villages and a bird sanctuary near the Tonle Sap Lake. Siem Reap today – being a popular tourist destination – has a large number of hotels, resorts, restaurants as well as businesses closely related to tourism.
This is much owed to its proximity to the Angkor temples, the most popular tourist attraction in Cambodia.
Phnom Penh – Arrival (D)
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration; transfer to your hotel; and check-in; and to drop off your luggage (Early check-in is NOT included & subject to hotels availability).
- We then set out on a city tour to visit the Royal Place built in 1866 by King Norodom; the Silver Pagoda is so named because of its floor; which is made up of 5;000 silver tiles and located within the Royal Palace compound.
- We also visit the National Museum and the Tuol Sleng Museum; a reminder of the Khmer Rouge regime.
- A small cruise boat will take you out onto the river for a different perspective.
- Witness the sun set over the Royal Palace and the Mekong River whilst enjoying a leisurely cruise with soft drinks; local beer and a BBQ dinner.
- Take in the sights along the river bank including many local Cambodian families and friends socializing.
- Cruise back to the port and transfer back to your hotel.
- Overnight at your hotel in Phnom Penh.
Phnom Penh – Architecture Tour – Siem Reap by Flight (B)
- After breakfast; at 8 am we set out on our Phnom Penh Architecture Tour by cylco; we start from your hotel and cycle for three hours through the streets of Phnom Penh to admire the mix of Khmer and French colonial architecture.
- A local professional escort will explain the history; structure and style of the buildings such as the Old Post Office; the Railway Station and the Central Market.
- In some of the buildings you are able to enter and explore the interior in more depth while others can only be observed from the outside.
- Cambodia’s most famous architect; H.E. Vann Molyvann had a big hand in developing many of the structures you admire today.
- Lunch on your own.
- Transfer to the airport for departure to Siem Reap; on arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel for check in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Siem Reap – Angkor Highlighted Temples (B)
- Beat the crowd with an early morning 7 am visit to the picturesque Ta Prohm temple that had nearly disappeared into the jungle and remains overgrown; an oddly haunting and exotic scene.
- The magnificent roots of a tree; pushing between the huge stone blocks of the temple in a sort of embrace; evoke feelings that you may remember forever.
- Continue on to visit the intricately carved Khmer ruins at Angkor Wat – one of the worlds most impressive ruins. The temple still has fine Apsara carvings in Angkorian era art.
- Lunch is for your own account.
- In the afternoon; explore the mysterious Royal Angkor Thom City & Bayon. Its 54-tower temple is an awesome sight. At first glance it seems a shapeless mass of stone; but further scrutiny reveals a face; and then another and another until suddenly you are engulfed by the silent; heavy; enigmatic and silent gaze through half-closed eyes; staring out from a primitive and remote time.
- Further; visit the surroundings of the complex including the Baphou; the Elephant Terrace; the Lepper King Terrace and the Royal Place area.
- Also visit one more ruin in the Angkor Area; the Preah Khan temple; built in 12th century by King Jayavarman VII and it is the same style to Ta Prom Temple.
- Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4* - 5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable