Cairo’s an ancient city and today a modern metropolis. It is today one of the biggest cities in the Middle East. The traffic and noise issues to prove it. As long as you’re not looking for solitude, Cairo—the City of the Thousand Minarets—is a splendid place to explore Egyptian history and culture. The tour takes you to Alexandria with your private guide. Together you will explore this captivating city.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo.|
|Day 2||Pyramids & Sphinx, Museum and Khan Bazaar|
|Day 3||Tour to Alexandria incl. seafood lunch.|
|Day 4||Tour to the Fayoum Oasis incl. lunch|
|Day 5||Cairo: day at leisure|
|Day 6||Transfer to CAI APT. End of tour|
The name Cairo also means "the victorious city" and is the largest city on the Africa continent. Located on both banks of the River Nile near the head of the river's delta in northern Egypt. It became inhabited 6000 years ago and has served as the capital of numerous Egyptian civilizations. Cairo, also known locally as "Misr", the Arabic name for Egypt, because of its centrality in Egyptian life.
Greater Cairo is spread across three of Egypt's administrative governorates. The northeastern part is known as Kaliobia Governorate. The west bank is part of the governorate of Giza. The eastern and southeastern parts are another governorate known as Cairo. Put the three parts together are you have greater Cairo.
The city is marked by the traditions and influences of the East and the West, the ancient and the modern. The growing poverty of Egypt is also reflected in the City. It struggles to cope with problems caused by massive population growth, urban sprawl and a deteriorating infrastructure
Alexandria is Egypt's Mediterranean port. During the Hellenistic period, it was home to a lighthouse and ranked among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Alexandria also became famous for its library. Today the library is reincarnated in the disc-shaped, ultramodern Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
The city has Greco-Roman landmarks, old-world cafes, and sandy beaches.
Its 15th-century seafront Qaitbay Citadel is now a museum.
The Royal Library of Alexandria was once the largest library in the world. It is thought to have been founded at the beginning of the 3rd century BC, during the reign of Ptolemy II of Egypt, and likely created after his father had built what would become the first part of the library complex, the temple of the Muses—the Museion, Greek Μουσείον (from which the Modern English word museum is derived).
It was established that the library, or parts of the collection, were destroyed by fire on numerous occasions. Library fires were common. Replacement of handwritten manuscripts was very difficult, expensive and time-consuming. To this day the details of the destruction (or destructions) remain a lively source of controversy.
The Bibliotheca Alexandrina was inaugurated in 2002, near the site of the old Library.
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport, where you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration.
- Transfer to the hotel and check-in. (Check in at 12:00 hours or prior if rooms are available)
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore Cairo.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
- After breakfast, enjoy a full day tour of Cairo visiting the Great Pyramids, Sphinx; Egyptian Museum & Bazaar.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
- After breakfast depart on a full day tour to Alexandria including a visit to the Bibliotheca, Cata Comb, Roman Amphitheater, Pompey's Pillar and a seafood lunch.
- Return to Cairo for overnight at your hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required