Experience the wonders of the River Nile during this 8-day Nile tour. In Cairo see the Great Pyramids of Giza and the magnificent Sphinx. Travel by train to Aswan and board the Nile Cruise liner. Visit the Aswan High Dam and unfinished Obelisk. During your cruise to Luxor stop at the Kom Ombo Temple. Located on a dune above a bend in the Nile. Edfu Temple is Egypt's best-preserved temple dedicated to Horus, god of sun and planets. In Luxor, explore the mysteries of Karnak and Luxor Temple. The Valley of the Kings shelters the fabled tombs of the more than 40 Pharaohs laid to rest here. The Temple of Hatshepsut is devoted to the only woman who ruled Egypt as a pharaoh.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Pyramids, Sphinx, Museum & Bazaar tour. Train to Aswan|
|Day 3||Transfer to Cruise liner. Start your Nile Cruise program|
|Day 4||Visit Kom Ombo and Edfu.|
|Day 5||Tour to the Karnak & Luxor Temples|
|Day 6||Overnight train travel to Cairo|
|Day 7||Transfer from station to Hotel. Free time in Cairo|
|Day 8||Tour ends with transfer to Cairo APT|
Nile River Cruise experience
To understand the wonders of this ancient civilization, a Nile cruise is a must and an unforgettable experience. The Nile is the country's lifeline since ancient times and there is no better way to trace Egypt's history than to follow its course. Cruises operate between Aswan and Luxor. It is the best way to enjoy the ancient sites of Upper Egypt. Each day offers an opportunity to explore new sights or simply enjoy a different view of the river.
Whether it is your first cruise or a frequent visitor to Egypt, an unlimited selection of superb boats is on offer. All designed with your comfort in mind. Cruise liners are selected carefully so you are assured of the best service and facilities as well as good value for money.
Follow in the footsteps of the pharaohs as you drift along the famous Nile river and moor beside stunning historic sites.
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport where our representative will assist you through immigration and transfer to the hotel ,where you will check-in.
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out of the hotel and depart on a tour visiting the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.
- Transfer to Cairo train station and board the sleeper train for Aswan.
- Dinner and overnight on-board the train.
Nile Cruise (B-L-D)
- Arrive at Aswan station in the morning and transfer to the Nile Cruise Liner for check-in.
- Embarkation before lunch.
- Visit the High Dam. The high dam is the largest rock-filled dam in the world and one of the most important engineering feats of the 20TH century an artificial lake - Lake Nasser, with a surface of 4000 sq. km lies behind the dam.
- Felucca Sailing. We shall sail by the felucca around the Elephantine Island and see the Aga Khan Mausoleum and the Kitchener's botanical garden.
- Return to the Nile Cruise Liner for overnight
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- NOTE: The Nile Cruise program is subject to change without prior notice due to navigational and security circumstances. Shore excursions and sailing hours are subject to change for reasons beyond cruise control; however, all shore visits will be respected.
- Nile Cruise starts in Aswan on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required