The Land of Pharaohs, cradle of civilizations, legends and mysteries. Our Luxor Legends Tour offers you an unforgettable experience to the ancient wonders of Egypt. Learn more about the mythical sites of the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, Luxor and Karnak.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Pyramids & Sphinx. Overnight train travel to Luxor.|
|Day 3||Transfer to Hotel. Visit the Karnak & Luxor Temples|
|Day 4||Cross the Nile for a visit to the West Bank sites|
|Day 5||Leave Luxor for El Gouna, the perfect Red Sea Resort|
|Day 6||El Gouna; day at leisure|
|Day 7||Return to Hurghada for flight to Cairo|
|Day 8||Visit the Museum and return to Cairo Airport.|
Visit the Valley of the Kings containing the once hidden tombs of over 64 Pharaohs such as Tutankhamen, Seti I, Ramses III and IV. Take a walk over a short but steep ridge and visit the temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Dher El Bahri. Further on see the Colossi of Memnon and the Ramesseum.
Enjoy a stay at the small Red Sea Resort town of El Gouna. Here you walk along the beach, enjoy some snorkelling and experience the fantastic coral reefs of the Red Sea.
Back in Cairo, see the world famous Egyptian Museum of Antiquity where you can find the fantastic riches of Tutankhamen’s tomb. The museum is a extraordinary opportunity to see the many fabulous treasures of this ancient country in one place.
This 8 Day holiday tour covers all major cities and historical sites in Cairo, Luxor, as well visiting El Gouna with sightseeing tours around Cairo. Visit the temple complex of Luxor and Karnak; play in El Gouna where the turquoise Red Sea sparkles.
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport. Our representative will assist you through immigration, transfer to the hotel and check-in.
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure.
- Overnight at hotel
Cairo / Sleeper Train to Luxor (B-D)
- After breakfast head to the impressive Pyramids at Giza, on the western outskirts of Cairo. Home to the Great Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus and the timeless and enigmatic Sphinx, these great monuments to the afterlife defy the imagination. Only the throng of sightseers, Egyptian and foreign tourist milling around their huge foundations keep the viewer in the 21st century.
- We take a camel ride here too, the perfect opportunity to take a few classic photos.
- This evening we travel by sleeper train to Luxor.
- Overnight on the train.
- Arrive early in Luxor and start discovering what this ancient city has to offer.
- Visit the stunning Karnak and Luxor temples. Built over 1500 years, Karnak is a confusion of pylons, courtyards, halls and sanctuaries.
- Its Hypostyle hall has 134 columns 23 meters high and 15 meters in circumference.
- We have some time to relax and settle in to our hotel before an afternoon visit to the Mummification Museum, an interesting museum that appeals to adults and children alike.
- Overnight at your hotel in Luxor.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required