The Journey Through History takes you to the ancient Pyramids and Sphinx; experience Alexandria the Pearl of the Mediterranean; relax in "Dahab" meaning "Gold" in Arabic on its fine yellow sands. Admire the colored canyons and overnight in Wadi Ghazala. Ascend Mt. Moses and visit St. Catherine Monastery. The country is known as the focal point of one of the world’s longest and most successful human civilizations. So successful that today we are a witness to its astonishing building success. It is home to hundreds of temple ruins and tombs. Each one the testament to the astonishing building prowess of the antiquated Egyptians.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Morning tour to the Pyramids & Sphinx|
|Day 3||Full day tour to Alexandria. Overnight in Cairo|
|Day 4||Travel to Dahab and check in at your hotel|
|Day 5||Dahab: day at leisure|
|Day 6||Dahab: day at leisure|
|Day 7||Visit the colored Canyons. Overnight in tented camp|
|Day 8||Leave for St Catherine.|
|Day 9||Climb Mt Moses. Return to Cairo|
|Day 10||Tour ends with transfer to Cairo APT|
> See the most amazing and remarkable ancient wonder, the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Your private Egyptologist guide will escort you from your hotel on a journey through history where you'll enjoy the personalized attention as you explore these famous symbols of Egypt's ancient civilization.
> Next is a full day tour to Alexandria filled with Greek and Roman landmarks and its Bibliotheca Alexandrina
> Relax on the beaches of Dahab, Sinai's best diving destination
> Venture into the Sinai for a one night tented overnight with a tour to the colored canyons
> Watch the sunrise over Mt Moses and a tour of St Catherine Monastery
- Best time to travel
The best time to visit Egypt’s sites (Cairo, red Sea Resort and Nile Cities) is from February to April and again between October and November. During these months, the sky and seas are perfectly blue.
Winter time temperatures (December to February) are mild and can be overcast. Note that December is peak season and rates are calculated accordingly
- Egypt Culture and Greetings
Egypt’s Essential Views are defined as Honour, Loyalty, Education, Modesty, and Pride
Greetings between men and women: A handshake may be acceptable in certain circumstances and the woman must extend her hand first. If she does not, a man should bow his head as a sign of acknowledgment.
- Drinks & Food
There is a wide variety of offerings available ranging from the cheap food carts and street food that serve Egypt’s working class to fancy restaurants that cater solely to tourists and the upper class. Tea (shai) is the national drink of Egypt. Invitations to sit and drink tea together are an important part of the culture. Egyptians generally drink tea sweetened with a large amount of sugar. Alcohol is not widely consumed because of Islamic rules. Beer is popular and readily available in the larger cities. Buy your duty-free alcohol before entering the country.
- City Travel
Government-owned Transport Authority run buses and tram services in Cairo (Very crowded). Buses and fixed taxi routes are run by private companies. The easiest way to get around Cairo is by Metro. Most used transport mode are taxi’s. Fix the rate before you start your journey. A comprehensive rail network runs through the country. Serving the Nile cities are various AC day and night trains with sleeping and restaurant cars serving Luxor and Aswan (Sleeper trains must be booked well in advance)
Also known as Backsheesh will be requested from you by “everyone”. Change your money into Egyptian Pounds for tips to porters, waiters, room staff and drivers. Official Guides are tipped in Foreign currency. Remember that the tips supplement the income of low Egyptian wages paid.
- Local interesting meals
Ful Mudamas: broad beans in sauce
Koshari: lentils, macaroni, rice and chickpeas
Mahshi: stuffed grapevine leaves
Fiteer Baladi: known as Egyptian pizza, fiteer is buttery and full of artery-clogging goodness
Falafel (Tameya): a deep-fried mixture of herbs and beans is a favourite, especially among vegetarians
Kofta: minced beef or lamb with spices, rolled onto a skewer and barbecued over coals
During your stay in Dahab, a former fishing village at the Red Sea, your days will be filled with Sun and Sand. Stay in a tented Camp before reaching St Catherine. The early morning Mt Moses Climb will be the highlight of your tour to Egypt.
Home to one of the world’s first great civilizations and more ancient wonders than you can shake a stick at, this country needs little introduction. With world famous pyramids, tomb strewn Valley of the Kings and the mighty temples of Abu Simbel, Egypt has attracted travelers since classical times. But there's more to Egypt than pharaohs, mummies and hieroglyphics. Ancient cities bordering the Mediterranean Sea, famous diving sites, and colored canyons as nowhere to be seen. Sunrise over Mt Moses bring your closer to natures wonders
- Morning arrival at Cairo International Airport.
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration and customs formalities.
- Transfer in an AC vehicle to your hotel for check-in. (Check-in at 12:00 hours or prior if rooms are available)
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore Cairo.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
- After breakfast you will be taken on a half day visit to the Great Pyramids & Sphinx.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
- After an early breakfast. Start you Amazing Roman History tour by driving to Alexandria including a full day tour of Alexandria Cata Comb, Montazah Park, Quitbay Citadel including a Sea Food lunch.
- After the tour check into your hotel in Alexandria.
- Overnight at your hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required