The Journey Through History takes you to the ancient Pyramids and Sphinx; experience Alexandria the Pearl of the Mediterranean; relax in "Dahab" meaning "Gold" in Arabic on its fine yellow sands. Admire the colored canyons and overnight in Wadi Ghazala. Ascend Mt. Moses and visit St. Catherine Monastery. The country is known as the focal point of one of the world’s longest and most successful human civilizations. So successful that today we are a witness to its astonishing building success. It is home to hundreds of temple ruins and tombs. Each one the testament to the astonishing building prowess of the antiquated Egyptians.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Morning tour to the Pyramids & Sphinx|
|Day 3||Full day tour to Alexandria. Overnight in Cairo|
|Day 4||Travel to Dahab and check in at your hotel|
|Day 5||Dahab: day at leisure|
|Day 6||Dahab: day at leisure|
|Day 7||Visit the colored Canyons. Overnight in tented camp|
|Day 8||Leave for St Catherine.|
|Day 9||Climb Mt Moses. Return to Cairo|
|Day 10||Tour ends with transfer to Cairo APT|
Home to one of the world’s first great civilisations and more ancient wonders than you can shake a stick at, this country needs little introduction. With world famous pyramids, tomb strewn Valley of the Kings and the mighty temples of Abu Simbel, Egypt has attracted travellers since classical times. But there's more to Egypt than pharaohs, mummies and hieroglyphics.
No visit to Cairo is complete without seeing the most amazing and remarkable ancient wonder, the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. In this tour, your own private Egyptologist guide will escort you from your hotel in a journey through history where you'll enjoy the personalized attention as you explore these famous symbols of Egypt's ancient civilization. At the end of the tour, you will be brought back to your hotel.
During your stay in Dahab, a former fishing village at the Red Sea, your days will be filled with Sun and Sand. Stay in a tented Camp before reaching St Catherine. The early morning Mt Moses Climb will be the highlight of your tour to Egypt.
- Morning arrival at Cairo International Airport.
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration and customs formalities.
- Transfer in an AC vehicle to your hotel for check-in. (Check-in at 12:00 hours or prior if rooms are available)
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore Cairo.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
- After breakfast you will be taken on a half day visit to the Great Pyramids & Sphinx.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
- After an early breakfast. Start you Amazing Roman History tour by driving to Alexandria including a full day tour of Alexandria Cata Comb, Montazah Park, Quitbay Citadel including a Sea Food lunch.
- After the tour check into your hotel in Alexandria.
- Overnight at your hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required