Explore Vietnam on an in-depth journey that takes you from North to South. Start in Hanoi with its colonial charm. Travel to the natural wonderland of Ha Long Bay. Trek through Sapa’s terraced rice paddies and the hill tribe villages. Visit the ancient capital Hue and bask on the beaches of Hoi An. Explore the lush landscape of the Mekong Delta and the bright lights and urban bustle of Saigon.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Hanoi. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Hanoi City tour and overnight train travel to Lao Cai|
|Day 3||Transfer to Sapa|
|Day 4||Travel to Cat Cat. Continue to Sapa for train to Hanoi|
|Day 5||Onwards to Ha Long Bay and board the cruise|
|Day 6||Disembark and return to Hanoi. Flight to Hue|
|Day 7||Hue City tour|
|Day 8||Drive to Hoi An for overnight|
|Day 9||My Son Holy Land and Hoi An tour|
|Day 10||Flight to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in the afternoon.|
|Day 11||Saigon city tour – Cu Chi Tunnels|
|Day 12||Saigon – Cai Be – Tan Phong Island|
|Day 13||Bicycle tour and continue to Saigon in the afternoon|
|Day 14||Last Day in Vietnam. Transfer to Saigon Airport|
This tour takes you deep into the beautiful country, immersing you in our rich culture and elegant landscapes.
You will discover several UNESCO World Heritage sites, including magnificent Halong Bay and historic Hoi An. The enigmatic Cham Towers in My Son and the ancient capital Hue are also UNESCO sites. This trip starts in colonial Hanoi and ends in vibrant Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon).
In Hanoi dine in a local restaurant savouring the traditional flavours of Vietnamese cuisine. Explore the fascinating maze of 36 streets in the Old Quarter. Next stop is Sapa and meet with the local Cat Cat village people.
Ha Long Bay, Hoi An, Danang
Then cruise along the dramatic limestone islands in Ha Long Bay and visit a fishing village. Farther south, in Hue, marvel at its citadel, palaces, royal tombs, pagodas and temples. Then it’s off to the river town of Hoi An, where you will tour centuries-old merchant houses and visiting the busy silk and fish markets. Stay several days at the beachfront Furama Resort in Danang. Nearby, see the ancient sculpture in the Cham Museum or My Son, and tour Buddhist cave temples in the Marble Mountains. Continue to Hoi An, a riverfront port town crammed with historic homes, tiny museums, cafes and bustling silk and fish markets.
Ho Chi Minh City
Next will be Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s dynamic commercial center. Here you explore the colorful produce markets or perhaps stop in a designer shop to order haute couture ao dai. A day tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels, an immense network of connecting underground tunnels with a crawl through one of the tunnels will remain with you for years to come. Also, visit lush My Tho and splendid floating markets as you finish your luxurious tour of Vietnam.
Hanoi Arrival (D)
- Upon your arrival; you will be greeted at the airport by a tour guide who will help you with the transfer to your hotel for check-in.
- Free time for you to explore until its time to enjoy the famous traditional Water Puppets Show in the evening.
- You will enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant with the traditional flavors of Vietnamese cuisine.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi
City Tour Hanoi – Lao Cai by Train (B)
- After a relaxing sleep in; we head out and embark on a tour through the amazing historical sites of one of the fascinating cities in Asia. Hanoi is well known for its history; architecture; charm; tranquility and cuisine.
- Our first visit is the well-respected site of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum which includes the Presidential Palace; One Pillar Pagoda and Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- We meet our bus for a short journey to visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and the 11th century Temple of Literature; Hanoi’s first university.
- After our exciting adventures so far; we’ve all worked up a hunger!
- We head to a quaint hidden little treasure for lunch; where we relax and rest our feet; enjoying the beautiful ambiance; where you can enjoy tasting some of Hanoi’s Specialties; including the traditional northern fish dish ‘Cha Ca’ (pay yourself)
- After lunch; we drive for approximately 25 minutes to the Ethnology Museum. Here you will learn about the traditional culture of 54 different ethnic minority groups in Vietnam through articles; stories; displays of traditional houses; costumes; hunting equipment and much more wares used in day to day life.
- We return to the center of Hanoi for an exhilarating and most unforgettable ‘Xich Lo’ ride through the charming 36 Street Old Quarter and introduce you to the hustle and bustle of the city streets; discovering the real Hanoi.
- With some time to relax or grab another bargain we prepare for our exciting overnight journey to Sapa.
- Overnight on board the train
Lao Cai – Sapa (B)
- We arrive in Lao Cai around 5 am; where we are met by our guide and transport for a spectacular hour’s journey up the impressive mountains to Sapa.
- Seeing is believing! The imagination could not visualize; nor appreciate the beauty of the stunning vistas and breathtaking mountainous rice terraces until you observe in true form.
- Upon arrival at our hotel; we have some breakfast; freshen up and some free time of leisure before our exciting exploration.
- We start our trek visiting Ta Van villages; continuing down the valley; along local trails and across rice paddies to visit Dzay ethnic minorities and Black H’mong communities; experiencing the contrasts of culture and daily life between the groups.
- The interaction and closeness we experience with the local minority groups is an absolutely incredible experience.
- Overnight at your hotel in Sapa
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 13 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*-5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rates valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable