A perfect holiday for those with limited time in Vietnam. The tour takes you to the top destinations in the country. From Hanoi to a cruise in Halong Bay, ending in Saigon. The postcard pictures you so often see of Ha Long Bay will become a memory to last you a lifetime and is the highlight of the trip.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Hanoi. Transfer to your hotel.|
|Day 2||City tour of Hanoi.|
|Day 3||Drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay|
|Day 4||Visit Luon: head back to the pier and return to Hanoi|
|Day 5||Flight to Da Nang. Arrive in Hoi An|
|Day 6||Cua Dai estuary cruise & Cooking class|
|Day 7||Return flight to Hanoi|
|Day 8||Saigon City Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels visit|
|Day 9||Full Day Cai Be Floating Market & Mekong Delta|
|Day 10||Last Day in Vietnam. Transfer to Saigon Airport.|
Enjoy the peaceful ambiance of Hoi An a quaint ancient town or spend some time with the skillful tailors; treating yourself to tailor-made clothes; which Hoi An is renowned for.
For those who have a ‘green thumb’; you have the opportunity to join the farmers in preparing the land; seeding; watering, and picking the crops. Cruise along the Mekong river and shop in Saigon. Do not miss this opportunity to discover the best highlights of Vietnam
This tour includes all the highlights of the “Great Ocean Road”. Acclimatize in Hanoi, see the sights, experience the Xich Lo ride around the Old Quarters to see the street life.
Ha Long Bay
Stay overnight in Halong Bay aboard a boat, go fishing and swimming in jade green water and soak up its natural beauty. From the atmospheric charms of Hoi An to modern day life of Saigon, you can feel the diverse cultures and the energy of Vietnam.
Take part in a unique experience of guerrillas living underground during the war in Saigon. Experience a crawl through one of the tunnels. And the food bowl of Vietnam, the Mekong Delta is the place for those longing for a taste of the local life far from fellow travelers. Its all about the experience and not just the sightseeing. Immerse yourself in the local life!
- Upon your arrival; you will be greeted at the airport by a tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi
City tour Hanoi (B)
- This morning we embark on a an exhilarating and unforgettable Xich Lo ride through the charming; yet bustling; 36 Street Old Quarter to Ba Dinh Square where we disembark to explore Ho Chi Minh’s Quarter.
- Hanoi is well known for its history; architecture; charm; tranquility and cuisine.
- Our first visit is to the most well respected site of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum which includes the Presidential Palace; One Pillar Pagoda and Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- We meet our bus for a short journey to visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and the 11th century Temple of Literature; Hanoi’s first University.
- After our exciting adventures we have all worked up a hunger! We cross the street for lunch (pay yourself) at famous KOTO restaurant.
- In the afternoon; we drive approximately 25 minutes to the Ethnology Museum.
- Here you will learn of the traditional cultures of 54 different ethnic minority groups in Vietnam through articles; stories; displays of traditional houses; costumes; hunting equipment and much more wares used in day to day life.
- Enjoy the famous traditional Water Puppets Show in the evening.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi
Hanoi – Ha Long Bay (B/L/D)
- Ha Long Bay is one of the most enchanting and memorable experiences in Vietnam. The postcard pictures you so often see of Ha Long Bay; will become a memory to last a lifetime.
- We leave the city behind and drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay; taking around 3.5 hours. The beautiful countryside that awaits your imagination; takes us through local farming life and villages; providing us plenty of opportunities to stop and capture some spectacular photographs. Be sure to keep an eye out for the amazing things the locals load onto their motorbikes!!
- En-route; we make a stop at one of our favorite organizations in Vietnam; the Hong Ngoc Humanities centre in Sao Do Town. This wonderful establishment has been set up to provide skill and employment to people from small villages throughout the north of Vietnam; creating jobs and providing accommodation to disadvantaged people.
- You have the opportunity to purchase some exquisite local handicrafts and wares or just watch and admire the amazing and intricate workmanship involved in the production.
- Arriving in Ha Long Bay; we board our boat and enjoy a spectacular seafood lunch as we sail off into Dragon Bay; gazing at the breathtaking karst formations within the bay.
- After lunch have some free time to relax and admire the beauty of the Bay as we cruise through hundreds of formations.
- Throughout our cruise today; you will have the opportunity to disembark the boat and explore Sung Sot cave; where you will learn how karsts were formed in this area millions of years ago.
- For beach lovers and swimmers; we make a stop at one of the sandy beaches for swimming or just relaxing.
- We continue cruising the bay until the late afternoon; before setting anchor for the night.
- Once anchored; there’s plenty of time for swimming or just relaxing to admire the scenery before settling into another scrumptious meal.
- After dinner; why not head to the top deck and enjoy a relaxing drink whilst admiring the peaceful ambiance and gazing at the millions of stars.
- Overnight on board the boat.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 9 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*-5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable