TOUR STARTS FROM MADRID
Portugal and Andalucia (Spain) boast impressive historical monuments and beautiful cities. Explore the best of these in this 9-day escorted tour. Travel in an air-conditioned coach with informative tours conducted by professional guides. Lisbon has so much to offer. The Alfama district, located at the foot of the Castle of São Jorge, shows the nature of the old fishermen’s neighborhood. Its picturesque tiny streets are wonderful to get lost in and to discover the charm of the city. Experience all that Spain is famous for with its Bullfights, guitars, flamenco, wine, tapas, and passionate people. Old cathedrals, medieval palaces, beautiful gardens - and thousands of years of history in front of your eyes. The tour also includes visits to ancient Spanish towns of Caceres, Ronda, and Toledo, also a half day on the beach on the beautiful Costa del Sol in Marbella.
At a glance
|Wed||Early departure for Lisbon via Trujillo|
|Thu||Lisbon morning tour. Afternoon free|
|Fri||Day tour to Fatima. Return to Lisbon for overnight.|
|Sat||Cross into Spain and travel to Cordoba via Caceres.|
|Sun||Cordoba city tour. Onwards to Seville for overnight|
|Mon||Seville city tour. Afternoon at leisure|
|Tue||Take the White Village road to Ronda. Overnight in Marbella|
|Wed||Leave Marbella for Granada. Visit the Alhambra & Generalife|
|Thu||Return to Madrid with a stop and city tour of Toledo.|
Best time to Travel
Both Portugal and Spain have Mediterranean climates with warm summers and mild winters. Both Capitals, Lisbon and Madrid will get cold during the winter months. Lisbon may be rainy but mild in Winter.
Food and drinks
When traveling to both countries, you will not be lost for culinary treats. Fresh seafood with a mixture of spices and olive oils will make every meal a unique experience. Expect to find peri peri in a lot of dishes whilst eating out in Portugal. Spain' meals, such as Tapas is a favorite. Dry white wines and Porto in Portugal are the favorites. Spain is known for its local sparkling wine called Cava. Sangria is, however, the most popular drink
Both nations are proud of their heritage. Having said that, the Portuguese are more laid-back compared with their neighbors. Do not assume that English is widely understood and do not expect a lot of activities on Sundays.
Plan your meals carefully as eating times differ from ours. Breakfast is at 8 am, lunch is served around 3 pm and dinner does not start before 9 pm.
Portugal offers affordable transportation rates. Both countries have an incredibly well-organized transportation network. Road networks are better in Spain compared to Portugal.
Portuguese traditional dishes
Bacalhau: Codfish is the most traditional of food dishes on the menu
Cataplana de Marisco: A seafood stew prepared in a double copper pan and served with rice
Caldo Verde: Enjoyed in Summer and winter and made of Dark green cabbage
Sardines: Grilled is a summertime food of choice
Pasteis de Natas: A sweet creamy egg tart made of flour, butter, eggs, cinnamon and sugar
The Cathedral of Seville is the biggest Gothic cathedral in the world. It is a sign of its wide cultural and artistic past.You'll see the cities of Andalusia, that form a ''golden triangle'' of Southern Spain. These are truly the essence of its spirit - Cordoba, Seville and Granada.
Madrid - Trujillo - Lisbon
- Departure from the Bus Terminal at 08:00 a.m. towards the region of Extremadura
- Arrive in Trujillo, the birthplace of Spanish conquerors.
- Free time to know its beautiful and monumental Plaza Mayor.
- Cross the Portuguese border and arrive in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal located at the mouth of river Tagus.
- Optional night tour to attend a show of Fado, typical Portuguese music
- Morning city tour of Lisbon.
- Visit old Alfama Quarter, Tower of Belem, Monastery of Los Jeronimos
- The afternoon is free
- Overnight in Lisbon
- Morning departure to Fatima, an important center of pilgrimage.
- Free time to visit the Shrine.
- Return to Lisbon for overnight
- Transportation by de luxe motor-coaches, with air conditioning, panoramic windows, and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- The professional support of all our team at your service.
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 19
Specific dates from NOV 18 to FEB 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18